The “Eye of the Sahara,” also known as the Richat Structure, is a mysterious circular formation located in the Sahara Desert in Mauritania. For centuries, researchers have speculated about its origins and purpose, but it wasn’t until recently that the possibility of it being the lost city of Atlantis first emerged.
According to Plato, Atlantis was a powerful and advanced civilization that disappeared suddenly and mysteriously. In his dialogues “Timaeus” and “Critias,” Plato describes the city as being “an island situated in front of the straits which are by you called the Pillars of Hercules.” The Richat Structure, located on the coast of West Africa, is indeed an island-like formation and fits Plato’s description of the location of Atlantis.
But what is the evidence that the Richat Structure could be the lost city of Atlantis? Here are some key points:
- Location: The Richat Structure is located in the same geographical area as the Pillars of Hercules described by Plato.
- Shape: The circular shape of the Richat Structure is similar to the circular city described by Plato in his dialogues.
- Advanced technology: Plato describes Atlantis as having advanced technology and engineering capabilities. The precision and symmetry of the Richat Structure suggest that it was created by an advanced civilization.
- Sudden disappearance: The sudden disappearance of Atlantis described by Plato matches the sudden abandonment of the Richat Structure.
- Mineral wealth: Plato describes Atlantis as having vast mineral wealth, and the Richat Structure is located near important mineral deposits.
While these pieces of evidence are intriguing, it is important to note that they are far from conclusive and much more research is needed to determine the true nature of the Richat Structure. Nevertheless, the possibility of the “Eye of the Sahara” being the lost city of Atlantis continues to captivate the imagination of researchers and the public alike.
In conclusion, the “Eye of the Sahara” may or may not be the lost city of Atlantis, but the intriguing evidence cannot be ignored. Further research and exploration of this mysterious structure is necessary to uncover its true origins and purpose.
Leave a Reply